12 May 2011

Buh bye Utah, hello Idaho!

Yes. You read it correctly, it's "hasta la vista" to BYU Provo, and "hola, que tal?" to good 'ol Pocatello, Idaho. It may be surprising to some that living in Idaho is very similar to living in Utah. For example, in Utah all the drivers are stupid and fast, here in Idaho they are still stupid, but slow. I still haven't decided which I prefer. Another striking similarity is what I like to call "The Mormon Bubble Effect"...I don't think there is a need to explain. Similarity #3 is that people here are as good at pronouncing their T's as those in Utah. C'mon people, it's mountain, not moun'in!
There is no doubt Utah was good to us. We found each other, fell in love, blah blah blah, you know how it goes. We also made some really good friends, ate great food, learned new things, etc... Idaho will be good for us too. When I'm bored (which has been a lot lately while looking for a job) I think about how all of those wonderful experiences we had back in Provo will come to us here as well. I'm..er, we're excited for what the future has in store for us and thankful for all the wonderful friends and experiences we had back in Utah that continue to make life so sublime.

2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to figure out the "t" forever, because my dad is from Utah and says things like "wiltson" instead of "wilson." I find it very odd. They truly do suck at Ts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly! Gah I am so excited that you are in Pocatello! It will be nice to know someone come Fall. I have to make trip down there to figure out some stuff at ISU and we should get together!

    ReplyDelete