11 September 2011

September showers bring October...

Kelly loves thunderstorms.  She says Idaho doesn't have enough of them.  I have to agree with her.  We do not have enough thunderstorms.  That is why whenever we have one, she seems to get this excitement about her.  She soaks it in like a kid at Christmas.  Her eyes light up with every crack and roll of thunder. 
So today, when it rained for almost an hour straight (an oddity in Idaho, even though it was kind of come and go and not straight sheets of rain) and the thunder rolled through the early afternoon sky, she was happy.  I was happy because it rained enough that I didn't think I would have to water the lawn for a few days.  Save money on water bill...check!  (Bills are not fun.  We should do away with them.)
The whole point of this post is...thunderstorms make Kelly happy.  When Kelly is happy, that is a good thing.  It makes me happy.  There is a general happy feeling throughout the house (which is still waiting for its first official guest at the Hotel Stelly, it could be you!).  Therefore, we should have more thunderstorms in Idaho.  Somebody please call the proper authorities and put in our order.  Thank you!
And if anyone knows what September showers bring in October, I would love to hear their thoughts.  I couldn't think of anything inspiring.  Bummer, I know.

1 comment:

  1. I love thunderstorms. The east coast and Utah have the best ones.
    I'm coming to visit. And September showers bring October pumpkins. It doesn't rhyme, but my sister and her husband's have gotten HUGE! I'll credit to the thunderstorms. :)

    ReplyDelete