15 October 2011

Behind door 2 is...

A new car!
If only Bob Barker had been there.  It would have made the moment perfect.  But alas, there was no Bob, just a car salesman who did not speak with nearly as much authority or game show host flair.
Some people may look at our recent posts and say, wait...didn't they just buy a house?  Well, yeah.  I guess we did.  And now we bought a vehicle?  Yeah, we did.  I hope that doesn't make us seem crazy, but I don't know if I could take riding my bike to work and school in the cold of winter.  It is only October, and I was already complaining about it being cold in the mornings and too windy for my enthusiasm for biking to keep me doing it for much longer.
We'd been talking about getting a second car for a while now.  We'd been saving our pennies for over two months, riding bikes to work and school, and avoiding eating out as much as possible.  When the weather started getting colder, the need for a second vehicle became much more clear.  So we started looking a bit harder, and found a deal that was pretty tempting.  Turned out it was too tempting, and we didn't pass it by.

So, say hello to the newest addition to the Stelly fleet, a silver Jeep Liberty (yet to be named, our other car is called the White She-Devil)!

No comments:

Post a Comment